If you’re like most people, you brush your teeth at home every day, maybe even twice, and you make sure to do so because you know brushing is crucial for good oral health. Professional teeth cleanings are also important, though many people avoid going either because they find them unnecessary or they don’t enjoy the cleaning process itself. Others don’t have dental insurance and believe that teeth cleanings will cost too much.
What’s the problem with missing a couple cleanings in a row, or only going every few years? Well, going a long time between cleanings means the dentist cannot diagnose teeth issues or other problems early. This can cost you big later on. Here are six reasons why professional teeth cleaning in Phoenix is important for people of all ages:
- Prevent cavities and plaque buildup: Your dental hygienist will assess your teeth, clean and polish them and even take x-rays if it’s time for a thorough exam. Regular teeth cleanings will remove plaque buildup—the leading cause of cavities. Professional dental tools can get to plaque that is forming in hard-to-reach places. They are much more effective at this task than your toothbrush.
- Promote fresh breath: Good dental hygiene does not stop at your teeth; in fact, it’s a great way to win the battle against bad breath. Professional cleanings lend a big hand in this and can help identify the source of your bad breath.
- Prevent gum disease: One of the most common precursors to gum disease is poor dental hygiene—more specifically, a buildup of plaque, the same problem that causes dental cavities. When you don’t get rid of the plaque in your mouth, the process of gum disease begins and won’t stop until it’s dealt with. Your teeth could loosen, and potentially even fall out, if gum disease goes untreated.
- Maintain overall health: One aspect of dental health that many people are not aware of is that your oral health is connected to your body’s overall health. Interestingly enough, professional cleanings may lower your risk for heart disease and stroke, and your dentist may be able to catch the signs of oral cancer and other oral diseases early.
- Smile with confidence: You’ll leave the dentist’s office with fresher breath and whiter teeth after professional teeth cleaning and polishing. Having a whiter smile will help boost your confidence and self-esteem, meaning you can go to work with your head held high and attend social outings with a big happy smile on your face.
- Learn a little: Your dental cleaning is the best time to get teeth cleaning and oral care health care tips from your dentist. They will also give good advice, such as mentioning whether you are brushing incorrectly, not frequently enough, too much or too hard.
Regular professional teeth cleaning in Phoenix is important for so many reasons, no matter your age. Whether you need to schedule your next teeth cleaning appointment or it has been a while since your last cleaning, let the friendly team at Modern Smiles Family Dentistry take care of you. Don’t hesitate to give us a call today!
Categorised in: Uncategorized