Do you sometimes find yourself reluctant to smile for a camera, or checking your teeth in the mirror to see how yellow they look? Our society places a high importance on appearance, and it’s natural to want to put your best foot—or tooth—forward when making a first impression.
So, what different teeth whitening options are out there? Your choices run the gamut from something you can buy at your local grocery store to treatments that must be administered by a dentist, and they can vary quite a bit in effectiveness. Here’s a look at how those different options work:
- Toothpastes: Every major toothpaste brand now has its own line of whitening toothpaste. This is definitely the most convenient and affordable option, as you need to brush your teeth everyday anyway. But these toothpastes, especially the over-the-counter brands, tend to only whiten your teeth by one or two shades. They might work for a mild problem, but not a severe one.
- Strips and gels: Over-the-counter whitening strips and gels have become very popular over the last decade, and they do often deliver visible results. The strips and gels need to be applied to your teeth regularly over a certain period of time, and you will need to restart the process every few months or so. If you have a special occasion coming up that you want to look your best for, these may be your best option, but it will require some commitment to continually keep your teeth whiter with these.
- Rinses: Swishing a rinse in your mouth for a minute twice a day is pretty easy, and teeth whitening rinses usually include hydrogen peroxide, which can produce noticeably whiter teeth. However, these rinses are usually not as effective as whitening strips, because they only interact with your teeth for a minute or two each day.
- Trays: One of the newest options in teeth whitening treatments is trays, which you fill with gel and place around your teeth for a certain period of time. These trays can be administered by a dentist, or purchased from a dentist and done on your own time at home. Philips Zoom Whitening in Phoenix is one of these options, and we are happy to offer it at Modern Smiles Family Dentistry.
- Office visits: In addition to selling Philips Zoom Whitening in Phoenix for our customers to use at home, we can also administer the treatments for you in our office. Some clients prefer this option, because they can be sure that the treatment is done properly.
Each teeth whitening product has its own advantages, and over-the-counter products can help keep your smile somewhat whiter in short-term bursts. But if you want a consistently whiter smile you can rely on, choosing Philips Zoom Whitening in Phoenix is probably the best choice for you.
Put the confidence back in your smile! If you want to learn more about your teeth whitening options, or would like to invest in Philips Zoom Whitening in Phoenix, get in touch with Modern Smiles Family Dentistry today.
Categorised in: Philips Zoom Whitening