Do you currently use dentures as a replacement for some or all of your teeth? If so, you may have heard that you have another option: dental implants. Unlike dentures, dental implants are artificial teeth that permanently stay in your mouth, and are designed to perfectly fit you.
While dental implants are a bigger commitment than dentures, and do tend to be more expensive, they also come with some noteworthy benefits, ranging from how you speak and eat to how you look and feel. Here are some reasons why you may want to consider getting dental implants:
- Natural look: When you look in the mirror, do you see a mouth full of dentures? Dental implants are made to actually fuse with your bones, meaning they become a part of you and look more like your natural teeth. In our appearance-focused society, you only get one chance to make a first impression. Why not invest in your smile?
- Better speech: If you have dentures, then you know that they can sometimes slip, causing your words to slur or sound unnatural. This can be frustrating, especially when you are trying to talk with loved ones. Dental implants fit perfectly in your mouth, so you can speak clearly, and will not have to worry about whether friends and family can understand you.
- Eat well: Just as your sliding dentures can make talking clearly a struggle, they can also make it harder to eat certain foods. If you miss being able to order any dish on the menu, consider getting dental implants. With implants, you won’t have to worry about sliding dentures with every bite you take.
- Less hassle: With dentures, you have to remove them each night, put them in each morning and deal with messy adhesives. Dentures also take their fair share of wear and tear, and eventually you might have to get them replaced. This is not the case with dental implants—they are designed to stay in your mouth permanently, and likely will not need to be replaced, meaning less hassle for you.
- More confidence: Dentures tend to carry a negative stigma in our society, and looking in the mirror and seeing a smile that isn’t really yours certainly doesn’t help things. One of the main reasons people love dental implants is that they feel like they don’t have to be ashamed of their appearance. When you have more confidence in yourself, every aspect of your life tends to fall into alignment more easily.
You may not have your original teeth anymore, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to live a life full of good conversation, delicious food and high self-esteem. At Modern Smiles Family Dentistry, we believe every client deserves to have a smile they are proud of, which is why we are proud to offer dental implants.
If you are sick of dentures that slide all over the place and don’t look like your real smile, please get in touch with Modern Smiles Family Dentistry today.
Categorised in: Dental Implants