You are not alone in your desire for a whiter smile. Luckily, there are more take-home teeth whitening options than ever before, and almost every dentist office in Phoenix offers cosmetic dentistry services. It can be difficult to decide what teeth whitening process will be most effective for you, which is why you may want to consult with your dentist first. Here are five options for take-home teeth whitening and other ways to improve your smile:
- Zoom whitening: Zoom is an in-office procedure that requires about one hour to complete. This method uses a special gel and laser light to break up stains and improve the appearance of your teeth. While this is a more expensive option than over-the-counter whitening kits, it is also effective and much less damaging to your teeth. If you are interested in this procedure, we will assess your teeth first to be sure you are an ideal candidate.
- Other methods: While Zoom is effective and the latest development in teeth whitening, it is not available to everyone. However, not all hope is lost—we offer other in-office treatments which can produce desired results and likely work better for your teeth and the nature of your stains.
- Take-home teeth whitening: If you would rather skip the office appointment and whiten your teeth at home, we have options for this as well. However, these are not the kits you purchase over the counter at your local pharmacy. Those can damage enamel and lead to expensive dental issues. The kits we sell are customized for you and provide explicit instructions. Once completed, we schedule follow-up visits to see if you need further treatment. This is much more involved than what you see in stores or online, so do not be fooled into buying inferior products.
- Restoration: Sometimes, due to the extent of stains or other issues with your teeth, teeth whitening treatments are not right for you. You may require reshaping or straightening to improve your smile and treat any dental health issues. For this reason, our skilled dentists also offer restorative and cosmetic procedures to address all issues. Our treatments can remove stains, but also treat tooth and gum conditions so you gain not only a more attractive smile, but a healthier one as well.
- Porcelain veneers: If you face significant tooth weakness or significant damage, porcelain veneers may be for you. Once applied, they look like real teeth and provide better resilience. They are also bright white and an excellent option if you simply come from a long family line of “bad teeth.” Porcelain veneers work by applying a thin piece of porcelain to each tooth. It repels stains and is designed for your smile. This is often a time-consuming and expensive option that is well worth the investment.
If you seek a whiter smile in Phoenix, Modern Smiles Family Dentistry is here for you. We offer take-home teeth whitening and other cosmetic services so you can enjoy the self-confidence that comes with an attractive smile. Call us today to schedule an appointment and see what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Teeth Whitening